3 Best Weed Strains For Beginners
Often times, a bad first-time experience with marijuana can discourage a person from giving it a second chance. Regardless of whether you choose an indica, sativa or hybrid, enough of any high potency weed will make you feel disoriented. You’ll want to judge the effects of your strain choice before reaching this stage, so it’s important to start off slow. New users, or those with a generally low tolerance, should be extra careful to avoid getting too high. Here are three of best weed strains that we recommend for beginners:
Located off of 495 in Lowell, MA, Smyth Cannabis Co. has the most popular weed strains for beginners near Andover, Ayer, Billerica, Burlington, Chelmsford, Nashua, Dracut, Groton, Haverhill, Lawrence, Littleton, Lowell, North Andover, North Reading, Reading, Stoneham, Tewksbury, Tyngsborough, Wakefield, Westford, Wilmington, Woburn and the surrounding towns.
3. Blue Dream | Sativa-Dominant Hybrid
This sativa-leaning hybrid was bred from a combo of Blueberry and Haze. Originating from California, it is now one of the most sought-after strains widely available in the U.S. Tasting also of sweet berries, Blue Dream has a peppery/piney kick to it to add a level of complexity. It averages around 18% THC, but also tests low for CBD concentration, making it an easy weed strain for beginners and veterans alike.
2. Blissful Wizard | Hybrid
This creamy, lemon-lime flavored strain leads to a bubbly and blissful high. Additionally, it’s been credited with alleviating physical aches pains and chronic nausea. THC content is higher than that of Blue Dream, so beginners should tread very lightly with this one. But we do think the pleasant high achieved by this strain will leave a positive lasting impression on the newbies.
1. Granddaddy Purple | Indica — The Best Weed Strain For Beginners
Also known as “Grand Daddy Purp,” “Granddaddy Purps,” “GDP” and “Grandaddy Purple Kush.” This strain is known for its stunning deep purple flowers and its sweet, berry-like flavor profile. This calming indica is a top choice for weed strains for beginners. While you may find yourself in a pleasant daydream, you most likely won’t stray far from the couch after smoking this one.
Avoid Strains Very High in THC
Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is the cannabinoid in marijuana responsible for making you feel high. While THC is the driving force behind the pleasant effects you may feel, such as a heightened sensory perception, laughter and an increased appetite, it can also cause adverse reactions. Too much THC can lead to feelings of nausea, anxiety, lethargy, dizziness and paranoia.
I like to compare it to cooking. THC, like salt, can always be added. But it can never be removed. So start off slow with THC — you can always add more if needed!
High CBD Weed Strains For Beginners
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a cannabinoid found in both cannabis and hemp plants. Unlike THC, CBD has no psychoactive effects, meaning it does not give you a euphoric head rush. CBD will not get you high. Instead, you will feel its affect throughout your body, in the form of calm comfort, sleepiness and an overall sense of relaxation.
It is important to note that in order for CBD to work effectively, at least a small amount of THC must be present.
Consider Your Delivery Method
So you’ve chosen your strain, but what next? Consider the following when deciding how you are looking to use it:
- Smoking allows you to control your dose and only take a small amount at a time. Most negative affects will subside after just half an hour. Don’t just jump right into a whole pre-roll — consider a few hits from a bowl or even a one-hitter to control your pace. Smoking does however cause a burning sensation in the throat which usually leads to coughing. Vaporizers are said to be easier on the throat and oil cartridges for them are readily available at most dispensaries.
- If smoking isn’t for you, cannabis edibles can also be ingested. There are a variety of different products available in all different forms and flavors. Effects are often more intense, longer-lasting and can take up to two hours to really kick in, which may catch you by surprise.
- If you’re looking to use marijuana for relief of symptoms such as localized pain and inflammation, topicals are a good option. Cannabis cannot enter your system through your skin, so even topical products with a high THC content are a safe bet. Topicals allow you to feel the physical benefits of cannabis without any of the psychoactive effects.
Visit Smyth Cannabis. Co Recreational Dispensary Today
Whether you’re new to cannabis or have plenty of experience, the friendly and knowledgeable budtenders at Smyth Cannabis Co. in Lowell, MA will help you pick the strain best suited for what you’re looking for. Not only do we have some of the best weed strains for beginners, we also offer industry-leading prices on all our craft cannabis products. Visit us today!